SDIEA linking you to your community

We know that skills training isn’t the only thing you have to think about.

We have links with community organisations and services across Australia, and can help you get access to the types of support that can help you reach your goals.

Partners in Recovery
PIR is a support service for people with severe and persistent mental illness with complex needs, and their carers and families. It works with many diff erent services in the community and in Government to link people to the support they need. PIR works with the system to make the system work better for you as an individual.

1300 991 443

Southern Downs Child and Youth Mental Health Service
These Community CYMHS teams are multi-disciplinary, and consist of child psychiatrists and mental health professionals. They offer a range of services tailored to the needs of the young person, their families and carers, including crisis intervention, inpatient support, mental health assessment, individual therapy, family intervention, group work, interagency consultation, and referral to other agencies.

(07) 4660 3901
Locke Street Specialist Centre, 56 Locke Street, Warwick, 4370

SANE Australia
Guidebooks, videos and fact sheets on mental illnesses and medication, as well as research reports, referral and advocacy for people with mental illness and their families.

Beyond Blue
A national initiative focusing on depression. Provides information and referral, including emergency contacts and contacts for bereaved parents and siblings.

Black Dog Institute
Dedicated to improving understanding, diagnosis and treatment of depression and bipolar disorder. Includes professional support and services for clinicians.

Law Council of Australia
Information about different areas of Family Law including children and parenting, marriage and separation, and property dispute. Provides assistance finding a family lawyer or arbitrator.

Commonwealth Financial Counselling Program (CFCP)
Information about how financial counselling services may help and how to access services.

Child Support Agency
Administers the Child Support Scheme and helps separated parents manage the responsibility of financial support for their children.

Medicare Australia
Information about services and assistance schemes including special assistance, compensation, pharmaceutical benefits scheme (PBS), private health insurance rebates and more. Information translated into languages other than English available.

Australian Job Search
One of Australia’s largest online job boards allowing you to search for job vacancies across Australia. Job Search has an ongoing commitment to assisting people into employment and is provided by the Commonwealth Department of Employment and Workplace Relations. Whether you are looking for a job, a career change or a volunteering opportunity then Job Search can help.

Australian Government Employment Programmes
Detailed information about employment and workplace programmes and services funded by the Commonwealth Department of Employment and Workplace Relations.

1300 78 99 78


66 Albion Street, Warwick QLD, 4370
Postal address: PO Box 346, Warwick QLD, 4370
Phone: 07 4661 1999
Fax: 07 4661 1099

Concession and Health Care Cards

Cost of living support

Social and community support

Out of Home Care Youth Support

Support for Carers and Young Carers

Housing support

Domestic and Family Violence
For help and advice call DVConnect Womensline on 1800 811 811 (24 hours, 7 days a week) or Mensline on 1800 600 636 (9am to midnight, 7 days a week

For other support and advice:

A national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services

Phone 13 11 14

National service providing crisis and trauma counselling services to people affected by sexual assault, domestic violence or family violence.

Phone 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732) (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

Support Service provides one-on-one, confidential support with a trained mental health professional.

Phone 1300 22 4636 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

Kids Helpline
Phone 1800 55 1800

Elder Abuse Prevention Unit
Statewide telephone information, support and referral service for anyone experiencing abuse or witnessing the abuse of an older person.

Phone 1300 651 192.

Community-based organisation that has helped thousands of Australians recover from mental illness through a unique program of mutual support and personal development.

Phone 1800 558 268.

Legal Aid Queensland
provides free legal information and advice as well as legal assistance to financially and socially disadvantaged Queenslanders.

Phone 1300 651 188.

Confidential telephone counselling service for parents or primary caregivers.

Phone 1300 301 300.

Women’s Health Queensland
Health information service for Queensland women staffed by nurses and midwives.

Phone (07) 3216 0376 or 1800 017 676 (outside Brisbane).

Women’s Legal Service
Legal assistance on a broad range of issues affecting women, such as family law and domestic violence. Phone the Statewide Legal Advice Helpline on 1800 957 957 from Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm. If you live in a regional area, you can also phone the Rural, Regional and Remote Priority Legal Advice Line on 1800 457 177 on Tuesdays from 9.30am to 1.30pm.

Relationships Australia
Community-based, not-for-profit Australian organisation with no religious affiliations providing relationship support services for individuals, families and communities.